Hähnchen breast Cordon bleu style with Grillgem–se
The other day I had my nostalgic 5-minutes. I mused so in front of me and thought about the 70s, the decade when I was a kid. As it was, the thing with the playing outside, the thing with the media (3 TV programs, there were, after all, already) and the thing with the food.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
I wondered what happened regularly for us on the table, and what was the absolute Highlight for us kids. I remembered that in the 70s, the Cordon bleu stand at the very top of the popularity scale. And today, strangely enough, so a little bit of the image area is disappeared. At least from my.
CHICKEN BREAST CORDON BLEU STYLE – HOW I CAME UP WITH THAT ONE
Therefore, I thought to myself, I dedicate myself to this classic once and use it on our dining plan. However, not with pigs or veal schnitzel, but with chicken breast as a chicken breast Cordon bleu. Filled with grated cheddar cheese, because my men and I find the so delicious and it has the properties of good melting. It is also very good other varieties do not fit. On the ham I have omitted, however. Why can't I tell You not so exactly, somehow, I had only Lust for the pure cheese flavor.
However, I'm going to fill the chicken breast Cordon bleu with ham, because it blends in just fine. I don't know, by the way, even if it is correct to call a Cordon bleu, Cordon bleu, when the cooking ham in it is missing. There are certainly some high official writings as and when a Cordon bleu at all an original Cordon bleu. Maybe there is even a kind of Association of European Cordon bleu recipes or so. Who knows, sometimes things are as complicated as anything else ? .
My chicken breast Cordon bleu is by the way only briefly in the skillet, then plate the back and into the oven. The advantage of this is that I can prepare my side dish directly on the baking sheet. I love you, Yes, this "all in one"dishes. In this recipe, I opted for grilled vegetables, this time, vine tomato, green asparagus and sweet potato. It is also prima e.g. peppers, Zucchini, carrots, or shallots adjusts the cooking times. Sweet potato I have chosen, because it also has the same cooking time and wonderful with the grilled vegetables and the chicken breast Cordon bleu in harmony.
If You to the court, incidentally, a few Sauces, then I recommend You my flash Hollandaisethat tastes wonderfully delicious and fits very well to the grilled vegetables.
Chicken breast Cordon bleu style with grilled vegetables
- 4 pieces chicken breast fillets - approx 125-150g of the piece , like Bio
- 80 g cheese, grated - for example, Cheddar, Gouda, Emmental, plus either ham
- 80 g bread crumbs/breadcrumbs - like from the bakery
- 50 g flour
- 2 Eggs - Size M
- 400 g sweet potato - in pins/French cut, approx. 1cm
- 250 g asparagus, green - washed, woody Ends removed
- 200 g of Mini Cherry tomatoes
- 5 TBSP olive oil
- Salt, sea salt and pepper - for Seasoning, to Taste
- Basil, fresh - to Garnish
- Parmesan cheese, shredded - for Serving
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees convection preheat.
- The four Hähnchenbrustfilest only salt and pepper , and then laterally cut, so that a pocket is formed.
- In each chicken breast You fill to the same percentage of the grated cheese (plus optional diced Ham), and press the edges firmly.
- Then includes You with, possibly with a toothpick in the Opening. NOTE: If You have the Opening, press well to close, the Breading may, depending on the size of Your Opening, without the toothpick is possible (sometimes it works sometimes not). If it works, You don't have to fiddle with the toothpicks later, when you eat out.
- Now You need Your "standard street" from flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs and panierst the chicken breast fillets in succession therein.
- In a very large pan, heat the olive oil and the chicken breast fillets from both sides of each 2.5 minutes until Golden brown sear. Switch off the stove, the chicken hatching fillets on a baking sheet and the skillet is ready, is will be equal to the vegetables pan.
- The asparagus wash and cut off the Ends, as well as the sweet potato, peel and cut into approx 1 cm width pins (French fries) cutting. TIP: You can also, of course, any other vegetables take, the main thing is it has also about 20 minutes cooking time, for example, peppers, Zucchini, carrots, onions.
- Then You give the vegetables in the existing pan, wave it in the Bratensud and spice it with sea salt. Possibly. a little olive oil to give.
- Now You hand out the vegetables next to the chicken breast fillets on the baking sheet and give it to the middle rack for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.NOTE: The vegetables should be nice and crisp and the chicken is fully cooked but still juicy (optimal core temperature of 71 degrees)
- I wish You a good appetite!