Kartoffelp–ree with milk and Butter made easy
Mashed potatoes, for me, is the epitome of soul food. The memory of my childhood days and the joy when it came to the plate. This comforting feeling when you eat also makes me still happy. My men, too, especially my son. We all love potato Pü.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
If you listen it is my impression, as if there were infinite variations of potato puree. Everyone has to prepare his own method on him, does anything else even if it is only a trifle. Of course, we are talking about a homemade version, because a Powder version of the bag does not come into question for me. Fresh potatoes for me are a prerequisite and self-made, it tastes always the best – pure soul food just!
THERE ARE COUNTLESS VARIANTS
Some prepare it from jacket potatoes, some salt potatoes. Some press the potatoes through the potato ricer, others take the potato masher. But, above all, the ingredients vary in the type and quantity. In addition, some of the milk is not heated in some. Some add a little of the cooking water to add to the mass to add extra strength, some do not. A science in itself with this delicious Soulfood. But, nevertheless, with the leak first what can you make out of potatoes.
MY SIMPLE TRICK FOR PERFECT MASHED POTATO WITH MILK AND BUTTER
From my point of view, there are two secrets to mashed potatoes prepare as a real soul food really delicious. You should get a very good type of potato and PLENTY of Butter make. So as in my recipe. Of course, the potato should be, if possible, mealy. The Mealy potato is just especially good for mashed potatoes. If You have the opportunity to have a weekly market or even directly from the farmers shop, You can surely delicious culinary potato-make discoveries. Let me know if You have a particular variety, depending on the season found.
For Fans of the potato side dish I have next to my mashed potatoes with milk and Butter, more recipes on my Food Blog, such as my very popular potato gratin with herb cream cheese, and Emmental, my classic southern German potato salad without Mayonnaise and that my crispy baked potatoes – The wedge-shape. .
Mashed potatoes with milk and Butter made easy
- 750 g floury potatoes - peeled and quartered
- 80 g Butter
- 100 ml of milk - 3,5% fat
- 1/2 TSP salt - or to taste
- Nutmeg, freshly grated - to taste
- The peeled potatoes in a pot and cover with cold salt water about 1 cm fill until they are covered give. The water first, bring to a boil and then over medium heat the potatoes for approximately 20 minutes until soft. It's best to do a fork Test if they are soft. Towards the end of the cooking time, You can the milk in a saucepan or in the microwave heat up but not boil.
- When the potatoes are finished, drain it with a colander and give it back in the pot.
- Then You give the Butter and the salt to the potatoes. If You like the freshly grated nutmeg to taste.
- When you Stomp the heated milk to add.
When you add the milk really easy procedure, that the Po gets to the consistency You feel is right and most like.
- Done! I wish You a good appetite!