Spinach pie with Ricotta and Egg-nests
When I think of Bella Italia, in my heart, and I still don't know quite where this ties with this country, its people and, of course, the distinctive food comes from. Maybe it's because I have been there as a child, very often, holiday and, of course, as adults as well. Unfortunately, far too rare. Liguria as a destination again and again at the very top of my list. A narrow strip of land, nestled in a picturesque landscape surrounded by the Mediterranean sea and the Alps, on which my heart depends also very much.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
It is a specialty from Liguria, I can't stand up today, and all year round to resist. It dates precisely from the Region of Genoa: The "Torta Pasqualina" (Pasqua=Easter), a vegetable pie with spinach or Swiss chard, Ricotta, and Egg. You used to be prepared mainly in the Easter, and the quite time-consuming, I tell You.
Traditionally, it is used not less than 33 dough layers of a specially prepared, crispy dough, symbolic of the 33 completed years of life of Jesus Christ. Today it takes in the recipes 8 to 10 layers of Dough, and the Preparation time is still around 3 hours.
FOR ME A SPINACH PIE TO GO
Unfortunately, I don't have often the time for this long preparation, even outside of Easter time. My Torta Pasqualina say my spinach pie with Ricotta and Egg nests I have transmogrified therefore something, and you can keep up the taste in any case.
The reason for the Turbo-Booster is that I think any elaborate dough for the spinach pie is easy and purchased maelstrom take sheets of dough from the refrigerated section. Also Filo Or Yufkateig called. The dough is also crunchy, even if he has, of course, the exact consistency of the original. In the case of the eggs, I pay attention especially for the spinach pie to the fact that they are super, super fresh. But this is only so a Tick from me, for it is from the point of view of the preparation of any reason.
THE SPINACH PIE WITH RICOTTA AND EGG-NESTS – NOT ONLY TO EASTER A HIT
The spinach pie on fits not only perfect on the Easter buffet, but on every other Buffet, the whole year. It fits also perfect, if You expect guests for dinner, just a crisp, green salad, and you're done. If You have children and the happiness that you like spinach ? , then it also fits just fine on the Sunday table.
Because it is and remains something special, the spinach pie with Ricotta and Egg nests from Bella Italia.
Spinach pie with Ricotta and Egg-nests
YOU WILL NEED A BAKING DISH WITH CA. 26 CM DIAMETER
- 1 packet of Filo pastry sheets/phyllo or Yufkateig, 250g - from the refrigerated section, for example, by aunt Fanny
- 1000 g leaf spinach - TK-product, thawed, or fresh spinach, blanched - Alternatively, chard
- 500 g Ricotta cheese
- 8 eggs, size M - like organic
- 80 g Parmesan cheese - freshly grated
- 40 g bread crumbs - like from the bakery
- 3 TABLESPOONS approx. olive oil
- 2 TSP marjoram, dried
- Nutmeg - freshly grated
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg yolk, size M - for
- In time the oven to 200 degrees top/bottom heat preheat.
- Then the thawed or blanched/cooled leaf spinach , firmly squeeze out the juice, and chop finely with the salt, pepper and 2 TSP dried marjoram seasoning.
- Then verquirlst You 2 of the eggs with 3 TABLESPOONS of the finely grated Parmesan and the breadcrumbs.
- Now You give the Ricotta to the Egg-Parmesan cheese-bread crumbs-mass, vermengst it all together and the flavors strong to taste with salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg.
- After You pick the spinach and put the mass aside. Then you can also a little by dragging.
- Now layer You 8 Filo pastry sheets in Your lightly oiled Springform pan: Always a little offset, so that the phyllo dough sheets over the edge of the slopes. Each phyllo dough sheet bepinselst You lightly with olive oil before the Next out put.
- The Top, so the 8. Strudel dough blade is NOT oiled.
- Now You give Your spinach-Ricotta-mass in Your shape, paint them a little smooth and press with a tablespoon of 6 wells into it. A in the middle and five outer rum.
- The connection comes successively in each recess an Egg into it. In the process, You should each Egg carefully to pitch and into the recesses to slide let (I give each Egg for caution, first in a small bowl). Now a little salt and pepper over the eggs.
- Now You sprinkle the remaining grated Parmesan over it.
- To the conclusion very carefully, sequentially , and puts the rest of the phyllo dough sheets in one layer and again lightly with Oil and sprinkle. The top dough sheet , however, is not. Now, the "overlapping dough edges" inward roll it up. It "disintegrates" the strudel dough a little and gives a beautiful look.Now the top phyllo dough sheet with the beaten egg yolk and sprinkle.
- Now comes the spinach pie on the second shelf from the bottom for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. TIP: In the last 15 minutes, You put a piece of baking paper so that the spinach pie is not too dark.
- To best serve lukewarm. I wish You a good appetite!