Gefüfilled peppers with Mediterranean
[Contains advertising] When I think of dishes from my Childhood, diving stuffed peppers are always in my memories. A classic from our family kitchen as the four of us were still together. My mother has kept it, in this court, always colorful, and all of the pepper colors, the it is used. It is just this variety I found as a child, always so nice and kloppte me with my brother, usually to the Red.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
My mother (God rest her soul) prepared for me, logically, the world's best stuffed peppers to peppers. Preferably on Saturday evening. After the obligatory bath with my brother, but before the "current Band" with Rudi Carrell ? (Well, who knows yet?). Maybe I have pods is because of this melancholic memories for many years stuffed peppers't touched or even cooked. It could easily keep up with anything.
STUFFED PEPPERS ARE A CLASSIC
When I became a mother walked by, but this recipe-a classic, no way more. To be balanced, delicious, and a perfect family meal. I've already prepared a great many variations of stuffed peppers and every Time is always modified in some way. Has irritated me for quite a long time for a Version with goat's cheese as a core in the middle, because of the two cheeses, I'm a big Fan and that gives the stuffed peppers a beautiful Mediterranean touch.
When I saw the delicious sheep cheese and goat cheese, of the company GAZi discovered it was, then, quite clearly, that I me of the stuffed peppers Mediterranean would make. The goat cheese has convinced me, especially, because it tastes very mild-aromatic goat without "bockeln". Say he tastes to Stall and buck like some of the goat cheese ? . Also, I think the consistency is awesome, because it resembles sheep's milk cheese. Both varieties complement each other as the cheese core great with my stuffed peppers with a Mediterranean atmosphere.
THE ICING ON THE CAKE FOR MY MEDITERRANEAN VARIANT IS THE CHEESE
I've decided in the two yellow peppers to give the sheep cheese and the red peppers, the goat cheese. But that is more out of whim and not out of a desired composition out. You can do this of course as You want. You can also pods of course, other peppers, such as Orange or Green take. If You have by the way, hack mass is left, then form balls just to small Hack and you give in to the Dutch oven.
STUFFED PEPPERS – MY TIP FOR THE MINCED MEAT FILLING
The minced mass in my stuffed peppers Mediterranean-I didn't want to have to compact, so I omitted the Egg and a stale roll into the mass loosen up. Although, to me, the stress often if I want something cooked with a stale bun. Because if it's supposed to be spontaneous, this darn bread rolls from the day before. I take a fresh, even if the rolls when Soaking in the milk breaks down a little more.
If You desire to dishes with peppers did I recommend to You my quick hack pan with croissants, noodles and vegetables , or my peppers sliced Turkey from the pan.
Stuffed peppers Mediterranean
FOR THE PARIKA WITH FILLING
- 4 peppers, two red and yellow - approx. 200g (or other colors)
- 600 g minced beef meat - like organic
- 50 g feta cheese - for example, by GAZi
- 50 g of goat cheese - for example, by GAZi
- 1 onion - finely sliced
- 1 bun, old-fashioned (but fresh!) - cut into small pieces and soaked in milk
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 TSP paprika, noble sweet
- 1 TSP, heaped herbs Mix (dried herbs) - for example, with Oregano, thyme, marjoram, Basil
- 1 TBSP olive oil
FOR THE SAUCE
- 800 g tomatoes, whole and peeled from the can - drained weight 480 g
- 1 onion - finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, fresh - finely cut
- 2 TBSP tomato paste
- 1 TBSP red pepper-tomato paste
- 1-2 TSP Ajvar (Paprikamus) - to Taste, depending on your preference, mild or spicy
- Sugar, salt and pepper - to Taste
- Herbal Mix (dried herbs) - to Taste
- 2 TBSP olive oil
FOR THE PEPPERS WITH FILLING
- As the first heats You best Your oven to 180 degrees, convection on and get once Your minced meat out of the fridge and give it in a bowl so that it is not so cold.
- After You remove them from the stale bread roughly any hard rind with a Grater, cut it small , and soak it in milk to.
- Now are You washing the peppers, cut the "lid" and cut with a small sharp knife carefully remove the partitions and seeds out. The lids remove You each of the green stalk.
- Now You give the following to the minced meat, The chopped onion, the squeezed out rolls the mass , as well as all of the listed spices , as well as the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. With a kitchen machine or your hands knead. NOTE: I renounce aware of the mandatory Egg, and the minced mass, otherwise, to compact. It also has pods so sufficient Grip in the bell peppers.
- In connection fill You peppers with Your hack mass and put the lid with the hole (without stem) on top of it. Optionally you cut carefully the bottom a little so the peppers and has a better stability.TIP: if You have something to hack mass remaining, easy to form balls and later in the Dutch oven.
- With the fingers through the hole in the pepper lid has a recess to the bottom pressing - in of the yellow peppers with the feta cheese and the red peppers, the goat cheese into the breadcrumbs (or the other way around). Until he looks up something out of it. The pods to one side.
FOR THE SAUCE
- The onions and the garlic finely cut.
- Then heated to You 2 TBSP olive oil in a pan, let the onions until they are translucent and if You like easy roasting.
- The garlic in until he smells (he must not be too strong roasting otherwise it will turn bitter!) and then directly in the tomato puree and the pepper-tomato puree , stir, both little roast.
- The tomatoes from the can and mix with a good pinch of sugar and salt as well as pepper, Ajvar and mixed dried herbs seasoning. Briefly bring to the boil and season to taste.
- Then do You put the peppers in the sauce inside, give any meatballs to it and give the lid on it. On the second Rail from the bottom for 50 minutes in the oven, and let it simmer.
- In the connection once again without the lid for 10 minutes more cooking. The stuffed peppers with Mediterranean tastes very good mashed potatoes, rice or just Baguette. I wish You a good appetite.